Looking for a better way to converse with sales prospects? Sales sequencing is a highly effective way of removing the guesswork in the sales process. It helps sales development reps (SDRs) determine precisely what’s needed to advance prospects and turn them into paying customers.
Outreach.io is a sales intelligence and engagement platform provider that enables companies like Adobe, DocuSign, and SAP to increase productivity and drive smarter, more insightful customer engagements. You can use it, too, to boost communication with outbound sales prospects through email and other sales tactics, including cold-calling.
What Are Sales Sequences?
A sales sequence is a series of different sales touchpoints scheduled to be delivered over a specified time at set intervals. Touchpoints are not limited to emails; they can also include social messaging, SMS, phone calls, InMail’s, and other sales tasks.
Done right, sequences drive deeper prospect engagement and ensure reps use the best sales activities and communications to build the sales pipeline and close deals. Outreach features public, private, steps by day interval, and steps by exact date and time sequences. Each sequence contains steps that predetermine how and when prospects are engaged:
- Auto emails make it easier to reach more prospects with less effort. Emails are automatically delivered to prospects based on a predetermined time interval.
- Manual emails are used for sending out customized emails. This email task will be due at the time interval you select for the step. The task will be completed when the email is sent, and the Prospect will progress to the next step.
- Phone calls keep reps accountable for following up with prospects via phone, whether it be an introductory call or one to ask clarifying questions.
- Generic tasks remind sales reps to complete actions outside Outreach, such as connecting with a prospect on LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn tasks include steps like viewing a prospect’s profile, sending a connection request, and sending InMail messages.
As a sales strategy, sequencing ensures your reps always remember to follow up with a prospect.
How Sales Sequences Differ From Bulk Emails
Unlike bulk emails that are one-time emails personalized with variables and delivered to various prospects, sequences initiate multiple touchpoints and manage prospects through a consistent pace of engagement. Bulk emails also require designating which contacts should receive the email. With sequences, you only have to define which criteria a contact must meet. Sequences also are triggered from a real person, not a dummy email account that is used by multiple people. Lastly, sequences log and display more data around performance and retain it historically for each prospect.
How to Build a High-Converting Sales Sequence
To get the most out of Outreach, you want to create campaigns with multiple steps, including call touchpoints. Most experts recommend using these three channels for sales sequences:
- Personalized cold emails to get noticed and receive a reply.
- LinkedIn outreaches that show prospects you’re trustworthy from the start.
- Cold calls for building trust and setting up meetings or consults.
Here’s how to create sequences that get noticed and responded to.
Use the Right Tools
Multichannel sales sequences generally require prospecting tools to identify qualified prospects, a sales engagement platform, and a CRM. If you don’t already have these tools, it’s best to test several options to find the ones best suited to your business’s needs.
Keep it Simple
The best email structure is one that clearly and concisely tells your story and presents it in a way that captures and holds a recipient’s attention. The aim is to get a prospect to act by the end of the email. Each email should convey why you’ve sent the email and why you’ve sent it now.
Craft CTAs That Work
Writing compelling CTAs is an art and a science, and the best result in prospects taking a desired action. Examples include:
- Giving a choice between two specific dates and times for a call or web conference.
- Including a calendar schedule link and inviting a prospect to pick a 15-minute window.
- Restating your value proposition within one of the above scheduling suggestions.
- Adding urgency by sharing that available spots are limited.
Keep in mind that asking for a prospect’s interest rather than their time allows them to feel they are in control of the sales process. It also compels them to explore whether having a conversation with your sales team is worth it and how they can use your solution.
Better Sales Sequencing for Higher Conversions
Regardless of your sales team size, the challenges never change: how do you keep prospects engaged and hit desired sales quotas? Sales sequencing can be just the solution your business needs.
Outreach.io is the fastest-growing sales execution platform available today. As an Outreach reseller, 3D2B can show you how this innovative sales engagement platform can improve your cold email outreach campaigns in real-time and much more.
To learn more, book a consultation with us today.